So you might be wondering why we are on the Slow Cooker train, well it’s easy and great for working families. Most of the time we can’t spent 30 – 45 minutes cooking a meal. Slow cookers are an easy way to make amazing dishes without investing the cooking time.
Cashew chicken is an amazing asian dish that we can usually find at the local Chinese restaurant. It’s also a meal that can easily be prepared ahead of time and made into a slow cooker meal. People who love cashews, like myself, will truly enjoy this dish.
- 4 Chicken Breast (About 2 lbs) cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (Low sodium is an acceptable option)
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup cashew
- 1 tbsp chilli pepper flakes
Preparation – 15 Minutes
- Combine cornstarch, pepper and pepper flakes in a storage bag or bowl.
- Shake and sift the ingredients to coat the chicken
- Head oil over a skillet on medium heat
- Brown chicken, about 2 minutes on each side (For an healthier option you can use a air fryer or baking)
Slow Cooker – 4 Hours
- Combine browned chicken with all other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4 hours
- Mix every hour
- Served over rice and garnished with green onions