The holidays are right around the corner! That means decorating, sprinting to the mall for presents, and figuring out what to make for dinner. It is very easy to come across desserts at the store but it can be difficult to figure out how to make a holiday treat that appeals to everyone on your list. When it comes to desserts, let your creativity run wild. Out of the various desserts you can make for the holidays, we have compiled a list of our favorite jello Christmas recipes– ones that seem to be popular for children and adults alike!
Christmas Finger Jello
2 cans of Sweetened condensed milk
3 green jello boxes
3 red jello boxes
9 envelopes of plain gelatin (usually ~2-3 boxes)
- Spray a 9×13 inch cooking pan with cooking spray
- Pour one envelope of plain gelatin into a mixing bowl
- Pour in ¼ cups of cold water and mix until mixture is dissolved
- Boil one cup of water and pour into the bowl above
- Immediately mix in one pack of green jello and stir
- Pour this into the pan and place in fridge for approximately 15 minutes
***Note*** first layer done!!!
- In a small bowl or cup, mix in two envelopes of plain gelatin and ½ cup plain water until dissolved
- In another bowl, stir together one can of sweetened condensed milk and one cup of boiling water.
- Pour in the plain gelatin mixture (7) and ½ cup of boiling water and stir. This plain layer mixture should last you approximately 3 layers.
- Check to see if the first layer has set. If so, pour about 1/3 of the gelatin mixture from (9) on top of the first layer. Poke any bubbles with a toothpick and place in fridge until it is set.
- Mix the red layer using the same technique as green (Steps 2-5).
- Once the plain layer has set, place the red layer (11) on top and return pan to fridge to let the red layer set.
- Once you are done with layering, Refrigerate for 4-5 Hours until firm.
Continue these steps to add layers by using steps 2-5 for the colored layers and Steps 7-10 for the plain layers. You can add as many layers as you’d like and finish with a color layer. Refrigerate for approximately 4-5 hours until firm. Cut into 2×2 inch squares and serve on a serving platter. Top off with whipped cream and a cherry (optional).